The Vanguard Construction insurances have available a whole array of policies from which you may choose from. These include:-
Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
This insurance policy provides cover against any unforeseen or sudden physical damage to property of the insured whether it is At work, At rest, In the process of being dismantled for cleaning or overhauling, Being shifted within the premises and In the process of being re-erected subsequently.
Contractors All Risk Insurance
Provides cover for contract works, materials or any part thereof that shall suffer any unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage from any cause.
The policy can also be extended to cover other cost such as clearance of debris, Professional fees and more subsequent to the event giving rise to the claim.
Vanguard Assurance Contractors All Risks Policy also provides:
- Third Party Liability Cover: This indemnifies the insured against all such sums which the insured shall become legally liable to pay as damages arising out of accidental bodily injury to or illness of third parties whether fatal or not;
- Accidental loss or damage to property belonging to third parties occurring in direct connection with the contract and happening on or in the immediate vicinity of the site during the period of insurance.
This Insurance cover caters for the risks associated with the construction/erection of machinery, plant & steel structures involving very little civil engineering works.
There is a seeming similarity between the Contractors All Risk (CAR) and the Erection All Risk (EAR) but it is worthy of note that they are not similar.
While the CAR provides cover for civil works and mostly structures needed to house or support the expensive machinery & equipment for a project, the EAR policy covers the erection of such Plant and Machinery.
Civil Engineering Completed Ri
This policy is provided to contractors and its coverage is only granted for material damage to the structures insured and only repair costs are identifiable. The areas of cover include:
- Fire, lightning, explosion, impact of land borne or waterborne vehicles
- Impact of aircraft and other aerial devices or articles dropped there from
- Earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami
- Storm (air movements stronger than grade 8 on the Beaufort Scale)
- Flood or inundation, wave action or water
- Subsidence, landslide, rockslide or any other earth movement
- Vandalism of individual persons